- Camera with large SONY EXMOR IMX-571 CMOS sensor and active cooling
- Probably one of the best camera sensors currently available for deep sky
- Extreme sensitivity due to backside illumination technology
- Very low readout noise and low dark current
- Large image fields and easy centering of objects
- Sensor resolution: 26 MP (6224 x 4168 pixels); pixel size: 3.76 µm x 3.76 µm
- Sensor size: 23.48 x 15.67 mm (APS-C format)
- Built-in USB hub with 2 x USB2.0 ports
- Camera diameter: 80mm; length: 102mm; weight: 0,55 kg
- Delivery: camera, accessories, software, case, manual
High resolution deep sky camera with large SONY EXMOR IMX-571 APS-C CMOS sensor and active cooling.
This camera's extreme sensitivity is achieved through SONYs backside illumination technology. This camera should appeal to both advanced users and those looking to move up from DSLRs for more serious deep sky imaging.
Enter the world of astrophotography now. With the new EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC Deep Sky Astro camera you get a modern complete package for straightforward shooting of astro photos and videos. Finally, an easy-to-use camera for capturing galaxies, star clusters, the moon and even planets with high resolution and low sensor noise. Thanks to the fast USB 3.0 computer interface, all image data is transferred within a few seconds. Long waiting times for images are now history.
Simply connect the camera to your telescope using the T2 female thread (M42, 0.75 mm) or the supplied 2" (50.8 mm) plug-in adapter and after installing the drivers and the included EXPLORE Capture recording and editing software, you are ready to take the first real astro photos with a highly specialized camera for your application.
The EXPLORE Capture Pro software included in this package not only offers the basic functions required for image and video capture, but also many helpful special functions for image post-processing and camera setup. Functions such as live image display, exposure settings, white balance, dark image subtraction, stacking, timelapse recording and much more can be configured individually. This very sophisticated software makes your entry into astrophotography really easy. With the automatic settings you can produce absolutely presentable results without any previous knowledge. As soon as you feel confident, simply switch off the automatic settings and gradually explore the software's more individual professional settings.
The new EXPLORE SCIENTIFIC Deep Sky camera has a highly sensitive and very low-noise SONY EXMOR IMX-571 APS-C CMOS Sensor, which can be cooled down to 40 °C below ambient temperature by the two-stage thermoelectric cooling. In contrast to normal DSLR cameras, this guarantees much lower noise and fewer hot pixels in your shots. The images are not only much sharper and more brilliant, but also contain more usable image information. Through the carefully automatically-controlled setting of the desired camera temperature, the it's easy to create of dark frames which can be re-used under similar shooting conditions - speeding up your processing considerably. The large-format CMOS sensor with 28.3 mm diagonal also allows large image fields and simplifies the adjustment and centering of objects considerably.
The secret to the high light sensitivity of this camera is SONY's new back illuminated EXMOR CMOS sensor. It increases the quantum efficiency to up to 80 % at 533 nm, which leads to an extremely high sensitivity and subsequently particularly bright and high-contrast photos.
The camera has a built-in USB hub with 2 x USB 2.0 ports at the rear. Connect your additional autoguider camera or motor focus etc. via a short USB cable and reduce the risk of cable tangles and cable breaks. Separate cable connections between your accessories and your computer are no longer necessary.
A sturdy hard case for the camera plus accessories is also included.
Don't get confused by the megapixel data and the contrary price structure. In the field of astronomy, the key criterion is not the sensor resolution but the maximum light sensitivity. The main goal is to capture as much light as possible in a short time.
DOWNLOAD latest camera software and drivers see download folder "Manuals" or here: http://www.touptek.com/download/showdownload.php?lang=en&id=2
Sample photos made by Lóránd Fényes in Hungary:
Field of view for different focal lengths in arc minutes and degrees:
- 400 mm - 201´ x 135´ (3.4 x 2.3 degrees)
- 500 mm - 161´ x 108´ (2.7 x 1.8 degrees)
- 600 mm - 134´ x 90´ (2.2 x 1.5 degrees)
- 700 mm - 115´ x 77´ (1.9 x 1.3 degrees)
- 800 mm - 100´ x 67´ (1.7 x 1.1 degrees)
- 900 mm - 89´ x 60´ (1.5 x 1.0 degrees)
- 1000 mm - 80´ x 54´ (1.3 x 0.9 degrees)
- 1250 mm - 64´ x 43´ (1.1 x 0.7 degrees)
- 1500 mm - 53´ x 36´ (0.9 x 0.6 degrees)
- 1750 mm - 46´ x 31´ (0.8 x 0.5 degrees)
- 2000 mm - 40´ x 27´ (0.7 x 0.45 degrees)
- Camera type: ASTRO Colour Camera 26.0MP ATR3CMOS16000KPA
- Data output: single pictures and video
- Image Sensor: SONY EXMOR IMX-571 CMOS Colour Sensor
- Adjustable resolution: 6224x4168 / 3104x2084 / 2064x1386
- Adjustable binning: 1x1 / 2x2 / 3x3
- Frame rate per second (FBS): 6.8 / 28 / 63
- Physical sensor size in pixels: 6224 x 4168diaginal: 28.3 mm
- Megapixel: 26 MP
- Sensor size: 23.48 x 15.67 mm (APS-C format)
- Pixel size: 3.76 µm x 3.76 µm
- Bit depth: 8 Bit / 16 Bit
- Backfocus: 17.5 mm
- Shutter Type: rolling shutter
- Internal camera memory: 512MB DDR 3 RAM
- Thermoelectric cooling with fan: yes, up to 40°C below ambient temperature
- Adjustable exposure times: 150µs to 60min
- Operating temperature: -10 to +50°C (30-80% RLH)
- Cable length USB 3.0: 150cm
- DC cable length power supply: 200cm
- CNC machined aluminium housing
- Camera diameter: 80mm; length: 102mm
- Camera weight: 0.53 kg
- Camera connection diameter: 2.0 inch ( 50.8mm)
- Camera connection thread: T2 (M42x0,75mm)
- Filter thread: Yes, 2.0 inch in receptacle
- Camera connection to PC: USB 3.0
- Built-in USB hub with 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- Power supply: Power supply 12 Volt 3,0 Ampere included
- Software: EXPLORE Capture included
- Camera driver and ASCOM driver included
- Operating system: WINDOWS 10 + 11
- PC requirements: CPU Intel Core2 2.8Ghz or higher / 2 GB Ram / USB 3.0
- Deep Sky Astro Camera 26.0MP
- Telescope adapter T2 thread to 2.0" (50,8mm)
- USB 3.0 connection cable 150cm
- Power supply 230V/12V 3.0A
- Dust cap
- Software CD
- Hard case
- Instruction manual
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
|Net weight (without access.)
|Net Weight total (incl. accessories)